Are you ready to join a dynamic team at the forefront of business innovation? Look no further than M2P, a global management consulting firm on a mission to transform businesses through professional services, technology services, and cutting-edge ventures. Our business unit DTS (Data & Technology Services) is dedicated to boosting our customers’ operational efficiency with industry-specific, cloud-based IT tools and services.
As part of our team, you’ll work with a group of smart, friendly, and collaborative individuals who take pride in delivering exceptional software and unparalleled customer service. You’ll have the opportunity to shape the direction of our projects and contribute to our unique company culture. No micro-management or stagnation here – we tackle challenging problems with determination and have a blast doing it!
At M2P, we offer flexible working hours, state-of-the-art facilities, and the option to work remotely. If you’re a motivated, talented coder based in the Rhein-Main area, we want you to join our close-knit engineering team as Junior Operations Research Analyst (f/m/d) and be a part of our exciting journey!
Are you ready to take on real-world challenges and use mathematical optimization to find solutions? We’re looking for someone like you to join our team!
As a junior member, you’ll bring:
- A passion for solving problems using mathematical optimization
- Strong motivation to translate real-world requirements into variables, constraints, and cost functions
- A pragmatic and open-minded approach to different modeling techniques
- A Master’s degree in (business) engineering, (business) information technology, (business) mathematics or an equivalent study specialized on operations research or mathematical optimization
- Good communication skills in English and German (both mandatory)
- Familiarity and comfort with coding and putting results into code
- A background in operations research or mathematical optimization, demonstrated through thesis, seminar work, or internship
- A willingness to share your work and experiences with the team. You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact by implementing, testing and deploying the results to our production platform
What you will be working on
Are you ready to tackle challenging problems and work across the entire stack? Join our team and make an impact as we work on cutting-edge projects that push the boundaries of mathematical optimization.
Here’s a glimpse of the exciting work you’ll be doing:
- Utilizing MILP approaches and incorporating other OR techniques, statistical estimations, and machine learning to solve complex problems
- Tackling airline planning problems from long-term horizons and time-critical disruptions on a daily basis
- Gathering customer and consultant information and intelligently translating it into application components
- Analyzing customer data and processes to understand and elaborate on their challenges, and finding the best solution. You’ll work with a team of experts in mathematical optimization
Our technology stack
Our tech stack is always evolving and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. As a key member of our team, you’ll have full input into the tools and technologies we use, and here’s a sneak peek of our current stack:
- Gurobi & Open Source Solvers for advanced mathematical optimization
- Python, with powerful libraries like Pandas, Jupyter, FLASK and more, for versatile and efficient programming
- PostgreSQL and MongoDB for robust and reliable data management
- Git and Gitlab for version control and collaboration
Hey there! Are you excited about the prospect of joining our OR team? If so, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d love to hear from you and discuss how you can be a part of our team and contribute to our cutting-edge projects. So go ahead, take the next step and let’s create something amazing together!